When I transferred this blog to a self-hosting blog, I really had every intention of keeping it updated on a more regular basis. I really wanted to do more with my blog than just update it every few months and then do a big update and then let it sit. But guess what, that has not happened! Once again, it has been three months since I’ve updated the blog.
I had really thought that having both boys in YESS Camp over the summer, which is an all day program, would have given me so much time to get a lot of things done around the house. I had every intention of getting a lot of organizing done, working on my blog and other things that I just cannot do while the kids are home, but my body told me that that was just not going to happen. My body just basically gave out. I was so tired. I’d take the kids to school, run to the store, come back home and go back to bed for three hours. I was basically getting the minimum amount of things done that needed to be done around the house.
I had to go see a new doctor and she felt that my thyroid was enlarged. So since the end of July we have been trying to determine what has been going on with my thyroid. I’ve seen an ENT. I’ve already had one sonogram, which showed I’ve had numerous nodules on my thyroid, which also showed that the lymph nodes on each side of my thyroid are enlarged. We have tried to do a needle biopsy during a second sonogram; however, the doctor couldn’t get enough cells to biopsy. Instead of operating to remove the thyroid, we are going to do another sonogram on the 29th of this month to see if there is any changes to my thyroid. At that point, I may very well have to surgery, but we are waiting to see if there are changes.
Now, on to the boys. Steven did really with the YESS Camp program. He loved it and loved all of the activities. He couldn’t wait to go back every day. He disliked it on Saturday and Sundays when we told him there was no camp.
Caleb also enjoyed camp. The last update I had done on here was about his legs surgery. He did really well bouncing back from that. He had continued his antibiotics for his infection of his VNS; however, we tried to decrease his dosage. Then in August, shortly after school started, his site started getting puffy and the incision site started swelling up. I contacted his infectious disease doctor and she asked for a sonogram to be done. It showed there was definitely fluid in there. We talked to our local neurosurgeon who refused to operate to drain the site. We then made an appointment to see his infectious disease doctor in Kansas City, who then called neurosurgeon while we were there. After discussing with them, it was decided that we had fought long enough and the device needed to come out. So on September 1st, Caleb’s device was removed. His incisions have healed very nicely and he is doing a lot better. On October 9th we have an EEG scheduled to see how his seizures are doing.